It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 am

Welcome
Welcome to outlanderbookclub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: OL SERIES: Listening to the OL Saga ~ The Audio Books
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:58 am 
topaz member

I have started the Outlander saga on the audio books. I now listen to all my favorite books on audio. I find it so much more interesting than TV. I like to knit and the audio book work great with my knitting. I find myself knitting wonderful celtic designs in hats, sweaters and other things. I tell other people to try them all the time. Long trips in the car is a great place to listen to audio books. Try it sometime.

Buggs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:50 pm 
Clan Fraser

Buggs, I have a friend at work that I have been trying to get to read OL but she says she doesn't have the time. She is just starting to listen on audio. I'll get her one way or the other!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 am 
Clan Fraser Veteran

I just got an email and saw a great deal on audible.com for the audio version of Outlander, it's on sale until Sep. 20th (for members) at the low price of $4.95! The sale is available after logging in to the site at Audible.com, click on the Win-Win sale link.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:17 pm 
emerald member

DG just posted on facebook that TFC unabridged will be available on Audible any day now. :) I have a credit ready and waiting. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:35 pm 
Clan Fraser

That's good news! I know people have been anxiously waiting for it. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:21 pm 
Clan Fraser

That is great news. I need to keep watch for it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 am 
emerald member

It's up now! I got it yesterday or maybe the day before. I'm on DIA now and am excited to get to TFC soon. :D

Post subject: Audio books
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 pm 
topaz member

I have some questions about the audio books...have any of you gotten them from audible.com? If so, is it like Netflix where it is essentially a rental or is it yours to keep? Is a book one big file or several smaller files? I'd like to put the books on my iPhone to play in my car while driving, but I don't know if they will fit or not. Thanks for your help!

Sharon

Post subject: Re: Audio books
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:55 pm 
emerald member

I've downloaded them from audible. I'm not sure if there are different options, but I purchased them and they are now mine to keep. They are broken into several smaller files (usually 4-6 per book, I think). I think they would all fit on an iPhone, but I have mine split onto two devices.

HTH!

Post subject: Re: Audio books
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:26 pm 
topaz member

Thanks! I think I'll try it out.
Sharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:31 pm 
emerald member

I have the whole series on my ipod (although I do have 32 gb on it) and they don't take up that much space. You can select a lower quality that takes up less space if you need.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:20 pm 
topaz member

I'm new to Outlander, and recently bought the entire series during the Audible sale. If I had started out reading a print version, I might've given up before Claire went through the stones, but listening to the audiobook I just kind of zoned out. I'm glad I stuck with it!

The problem now is that I'm halfway through, and the audiobook is moving along too slowly for me, since I only listen in the car (if I try to listen to books at home, I always wind up falling asleep). So I just ordered print versions of Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber - used mass-market paperbacks, 'cause I've spent all my book money for the month - and they'll get here Friday. Then I'll see if I can figure out a simple way to synchronize my reading & listening somehow. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:28 pm 
Clan Fraser

Have you tried listening while you are doing something mindless, so you can't fall asleep, but are able concentrate on the story? I listen while doing things like folding laundry, sweeping, wiping counters, cleaning the bathroom, counting box tops for my daughters' school, walking on my treadmill or outside, etc. When I'm at a good part, I've been known to go searching for laundry to fold or another mindless task to have a chance to listen. :bigsmile:

Good luck trying to coordinate reading/listening. I've never tried it, but I don't think it would be too hard to find your place in the book after listening. Finding the right spot on audio is a bit more challenging. I hope you find a way to make it work for you. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
topaz member

audiobooklover wrote:
Have you tried listening while you are doing something mindless, so you can't fall asleep, but are able concentrate on the story?

I do that too, once in a while, but it's usually in very small doses. I like to read for hours at night, on the couch or in bed. If only Amazon would somehow allow Audible & Kindle to syncronize, I'd be all set!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm 
emerald member

I like to listen while I drive, wash dishes, sew, general cleaning, cook....just about anything except sitting or laying down. I can't stand it when I fall asleep with a book going! lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next