It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Welcome
Welcome to outlanderbookclub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: AMERICA: Where is Fraser's Ridge?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am 
topaz member

:bagpipe: all books are open for discussion :bagpipe:

Has anyone ever "researched" where Jamie and Claire's home on the ridge would be in North Carolina? Would it be near Asheville (since a view of Black Mountain from their property is mentioned) or toward Charlotte (mid-state), or more north, towards the coast?????

I was planning a trip to NC and would LOVE to incorporate Jamie and Claire into if I can!!

:D

Post subject: Re: Home in North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 am 
topaz member

Just found my answer!!! It was under OL Real places

kknc4jamie wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes and it has already been fun. Thanks also, hippchick, for the Google Earth videos. I have since gotten an email back from Diana with a link to the ComputServ Forum with the description of the location of Fraser's Ridge, which is within 10 miles of Blowing Rock (actually going there this weekend to see the tree colors, so will be thinking of Jamie, Claire and the rest!).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:59 am 
Clan Fraser

rmk - glad we had your answer. There is a world of information on the site so it never hurts to dig a little. Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 pm 
Clan Fraser Veteran

rmkdgk wrote:
Just found my answer!!! It was under OL Real places

kknc4jamie wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes and it has already been fun. Thanks also, hippchick, for the Google Earth videos. I have since gotten an email back from Diana with a link to the ComputServ Forum with the description of the location of Fraser's Ridge, which is within 10 miles of Blowing Rock (actually going there this weekend to see the tree colors, so will be thinking of Jamie, Claire and the rest!).

This sounds like a great time, rmk! Have fun! :flower:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 am 
Clan Fraser

RMK, if you take some photos please post them here. We also have a thread on "Where are you Exiled" that includes images of the OL books, especially Exile, taken in various locales. It would be great to have a picture of "Fraser's Ridge" with one of the books in it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:55 pm 
Clan Fraser Veteran

RMK, please post pictures of the Ridge for us. Never mind it will make keeping fiction and reality separate even more difficult than it already is for me. LOL

Post subject: Re: AMERICA: Where is Fraser's Ridge?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 pm 
sapphire member

How fun! My daughter goes to App State in Boone! I was thinking all along that the Ridge might be somewhere around there. The descriptions of the land reminded me a lot of the drive up the mountain from Leonora. Is there an exact place? Can anyone tell me where? I will get some pictures the next time we visit!

Post subject: Re: AMERICA: Where is Fraser's Ridge?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:36 pm 
Clan Fraser

Janet23 wrote:
Is there an exact place? Can anyone tell me where? I will get some pictures the next time we visit!

There is a close location, and I know someone posted it here on the site. Give me a bit to find exactly where . . .

Visit our shop and 'like' us on Facebook!